I picked up some scallops last weekend from the fabulous Glenmar Fish Shop in Union Hall, West Cork, and reminded myself just how easy they are to cook and so utterly divine to taste. I hadn’t tried this wine in a while so I opened a bottle of Orballo Albarino and a match made in West Cork heaven was made.
Here, Niall shows how to cook scallops in just a little bit of oil and some salt, and I did something similar. The Orballo worked a treat, with crisp, tangy apple fruit and a minerally, spicy finish giving my scallops all the complementary flavours they needed.
Try this at home and you’ll have a treat to rival anything you’d get in a top restaurant.
Ingredients (could it be any easier?):
- Season your scallops on both sides with the salt.
- Heat your oil in a non stick frying pan over a high heat.
- Place the scallops into the hot pan and caramelize for 1 minute without moving around or touching them.
- Turn the scallops over and cook for a another 30 seconds.
- Take off the heat and serve immediately.
Recipe and video courtesy of Look and Taste.
Comments are closed.