Top 10 Curious Whites of 2013
A few days ago we posted details of our Top 10 selling reds of the past year. You’ve waited long enough – HERE ARE THE WHITES!
The list below reflects the top wines by retail sales for Curious so far in 2013 (i.e. excluding wedding and trade sales). You can obviously buy any of our range with total confidence, but these 10 stars can be bought with even more confidence than usual – if that were possible!
1. The Ned Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough, New Zealand €15.99 (Buy 6 or more, pay €13.35)
Exuberant, critically-acclaimed Marlborough Sauvvie. An exhilarating combination of lifted tropical fruit and crisp, green apple, all threaded beautifully by a pristine, mineral acidity. Unmissable!
2. Mirabello Pinot Grigio Lombardy, Italy €11.99 (Buy 6 or more, pay €9.99)
Grown just south of Milan, this delicate white shows lovely floral and citrus notes on the nose, followed by a gossamer-light wash of apple and dessert pear. Delicious.
3. Cuvee Jean Paul Blanc Sec Gascogny, France
“Delicious mouth-watering pink grapefruit and baked lemon pie flavours.” – Liam Campbell, Irish Independent wine columnist
4. Real Castelo Verdejo Rueda, Spain €12.99 (Buy 2 or more, pay €9.99)
Helped into the Top Ten by our trade sales rep, Rose, and her mum, who are never without Real Castelo in their respective fridges.
5. Fairhall Cliffs Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough, New Zealand €13.99 (Buy 6 or more, pay €11.65)
The only wine region to have two representatives in the list – looks like folk like Marlborough!
6. Gassac Classic Blanc Hérault, France
Zesty Sauvignon-Clairette-Rolle blend from acclaimed Languedoc ‘Grand Gru’ Mas de Daumas Gassac.
7. Château Bauduc Sauvignon Blanc Bordeaux, France €15.99 (Buy 6 or more, pay €13.25)
Minerally Sauvignon with a crisp, precise wash of gooseberry, chalky minerals and citrus. Divine with gambas pil pil.
8. Santa Alicia Reserva Chardonnay Maipo, Chile
A supple and plump-fruited Chardonnay from the Maipo region that is just the ticket with chicken korma or pan-seared scallops.
9. Rapido Garganega Venezie, Italy
When an obscure grape and brand no one has heard of makes the Top Ten you know the juice has to be good! Aromas of apple and almond.
10. Santa Alicia Sauvignon Blanc Central Valley, Chile
Sunny, perky style with refreshing crispness and lovely zingy notes of citrus and green apple. Honest and very good!
Want the lot? Get yourself a case of our Top 10 Whites HERE (2 bottles of each of the top 2, plus 1 bottle of each of the next 8). €128 including delivery – a saving of €27.38 on the full combined price of €155.38. CLICK TO BUY.