So we remain OPEN under the government’s new restrictions announced yesterday, deemed “essential retail” as a specialist beverage wholesale and retail business. However, there are a number of measures we are taking and services we can provide to minimise contact over the next few weeks and protect you, our staff and our couriers.
1. Our online, nationwide delivery service is largely unaffected. Couriers may be the last essential service still operating if restrictions tighten further so you can still order online and expect delivery within the usual 1-2 working days. Couriers will leave without a signature once they’ve checked you are in and are obviously over 18, so no contact is required. Equally, if you want the parcel left in a safe place like a porch, outhouse or shed, just say so in the “Order notes” at checkout.
[Update 16/4/2020: some areas are experiencing delays due to courier capacity being exceeded, please allow 1-2 days extra, particularly if you live in Dublin.]
2. Phone service. We can take orders and payment over the phone for collection from the shop in Cork. Just give us a second call to tell us you’re outside and we’ll come out and drop the wine straight into your boot, no contact other than a wave required.
3. Our shop remains open but the following restrictions MUST be observed within and outside the shop:
- Groups of no more than two people at any one time.
- No more than 3 groups in the shop at any one time — we will manage this when necessary, as other retailers have done, by a one in, one out policy.
- Social distancing within the shop of at least 2 metres from other customers and staff.
- Kids and dogs are still welcome but must be controlled to observe the above 3 rules.
- We will still your wine out to your car if required but request social distance is maintained as we exit the shop.
Some of these measures sound really obvious but we’re still experiencing distancing complacency amongst some customers. Please don’t be offended if we ask you to step back or move away — it is essential you protect both yourself and us, we’re a small team and if we get sick we will have to close, which means no more wine!
Normal opening hours will continue of Monday to Saturday, 10.30am to 6.00pm.
Thank you so much for your understanding, cooperation and unbelievable support. Stay safe and drink responsibly and well :)
Mike, Clare and Pete